Pages

Me: Eric Keller

Hi and welcome to my Blog. This is a hastily compiled record of my digital art and computer graphics experiments. I am a freelance CG artist living and working in Hollywood CA. I have written several books on Maya and ZBrush. Below my blog you'll find links to the books and tutorials I have authored and co-authored. I also occasionally teach at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood.I named my blog "Bloopatone" in honor of my first dog "Blue". She passed away a few years ago and I still miss her even though she was very grouchy and liked to bite me!

I'm proud to be an instructor at The Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood. Take a look at the work of our students and instructors on the Gnomon School Blog and the Gnomon Workshop Blog

Here is a link to my Artstation Page

Here is a link to my Demo Reel:

Eric Keller's 2016 CG Demo Reel from Eric Keller on Vimeo.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

ZBrush User Group Demo

Here are a couple videos are created based on the demo I gave at the Hollywood ZBrush User Group meeting at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects on Monday August 10th 2012. Music composed by my brother Neal Keller. More to come as soon as I can render out some more time lapses of the model.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric,

    Just bought your book and ZBrush 4r4. As a tech writer in the computer industry and a complete newby to 3D, I appreciate your very clear instructions. However, I've bumped into a problem because the book describes 4r3, and it seems like there are some changes. I can't find Initialize, nor can I find the parametric cone or the helix brush. I found a ring, but I don't find a control to automatically make it a partial. I found a half ring, but I can't find a way to make it taper from one end to the other. Help! How do I make those nice curly, twisted horns?
    Thanks, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the problem is that there is confusion over the insert mesh brushes and the 3D tools. i just added a video to my site to try and help explain this. In a nutshell you want to use the 3D tools in the TOOL palette to first create the look of the horn and then capture the horn object into an insert mesh brush which can then be drawn on the dragon. Watch the video and see if that makes sense.

    Eric Keller

    ReplyDelete