Pages

Me: Eric Keller

Hi and welcome to my Blog. This is a hastily compiled record of my digital art and computer graphics experiments. I am a freelance CG artist living and working in Hollywood CA. I have written several books on Maya and ZBrush. Below my blog you'll find links to the books and tutorials I have authored and co-authored. I also occasionally teach at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood.I named my blog "Bloopatone" in honor of my first dog "Blue". She passed away a few years ago and I still miss her even though she was very grouchy and liked to bite me!

I'm proud to be an instructor at The Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood. Take a look at the work of our students and instructors on the Gnomon School Blog and the Gnomon Workshop Blog

Here is a link to my Artstation Page

Here is a link to my Demo Reel:

Eric Keller's 2016 CG Demo Reel from Eric Keller on Vimeo.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Introduction to Maya 2014 Gnomon Workshop DVD

Hey folks, my new DVD for the Gnomon workshop has just been announced! This DVD covers the interface and professional workflows. Perfect if your just getting into Maya but advanced enough to keep your interest. Gnomon asked me to update The original version created by Alex Alvarez a few years ago. Considering I learned Maya from Alex's lectures (bakc then on VHS!) it was a real honor for me. I'd like to thank Mark Dedecker for letting me use his "Mousy" character model for some of the demos and for the cover image. Also thanks to Max Dayan and Eric Miller. If you want to get up and running with Maya fast but you also want to go deeper than the average lesson. This is the DVD for you! The lecture is over 8 hours and is available as a digital download or as a DVD. Here is the chapter list:

Chapter 01: Basic Interface overview

Chapter 02: Maya Primitives: Nurbs and Polygons

Chapter 03: Understanding Maya Nodes: Shape and Transform nodes

Chapter 04: Manipulating Objects and Display Options

Chapter 05: Node Hierarchy

Chapter 06: Constraints and the Node Editor

Chapter 07: Create Shading Nodes

Chapter 08: Lighting and Rendering Basics

Chapter 09: Animating Attributes

Chapter 10: Customizing the Maya Interface and Marking Menus

Chapter 11: Set up Maya Projects


No comments:

Post a Comment