Pages

Me: Eric Keller

Hi and welcome to my Blog. This is a hastily compiled record of my digital art and computer graphics experiments. I am a freelance CG artist living and working in Hollywood CA. I have written several books on Maya and ZBrush. Below my blog you'll find links to the books and tutorials I have authored and co-authored. I also occasionally teach at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood.I named my blog "Bloopatone" in honor of my first dog "Blue". She passed away a few years ago and I still miss her even though she was very grouchy and liked to bite me!

I'm proud to be an instructor at The Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood. Take a look at the work of our students and instructors on the Gnomon School Blog and the Gnomon Workshop Blog

Here is a link to my Artstation Page

Here is a link to my Demo Reel:

Eric Keller's 2016 CG Demo Reel from Eric Keller on Vimeo.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Photoreal rendering tests



I set up my ZBrush Big Head fly (Eudorylas) model in a simple scene in Maya and rendered with mental ray (OK it took a few more steps than just that). Here is the result. The DOF on the extreme close up is a bit much and a little too grainy so I may redo that one later today if I get a chance. Over all though she's looking pretty good. Not bad for polygons.










Here are some images of teh ZBrush model and Maya set up (Maya version 2014, rendering in mental ray)



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment Brian! LANHM is a huge inspiration for me! Also Stephen Marshall's book "Flies".

    ReplyDelete