Pages

Me: Eric Keller

Hi and welcome to my Blog. This is a hastily compiled record of my digital art and computer graphics experiments. I am a freelance CG artist living and working in Hollywood CA. I have written several books on Maya and ZBrush. Below my blog you'll find links to the books and tutorials I have authored and co-authored. I also occasionally teach at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood.I named my blog "Bloopatone" in honor of my first dog "Blue". She passed away a few years ago and I still miss her even though she was very grouchy and liked to bite me!

I'm proud to be an instructor at The Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood. Take a look at the work of our students and instructors on the Gnomon School Blog and the Gnomon Workshop Blog

Here is a link to my Artstation Page

Here is a link to my Demo Reel:

Eric Keller's 2016 CG Demo Reel from Eric Keller on Vimeo.

Monday, June 30, 2014

E O Wilson's Life On Earth available for iPad

Very pleased to announce that all 7 volumes of Edward O. Wilson (official)'s Life on Earth has been released on iTunes for iBooks on the iPad and on Mac desktops. I spent the last two years working on this project which is a complete rewriting of High school and undergraduate biology led by the greatest biologist and naturalist of our time. I created at least 30 animations, 3D figures, and interactives for this project and it has been the most rewarding experience of my career. I'm extremely proud of this work. I feel like I have made a significant contribution to science education that will change the way students see the world in which they live. And the best part? Its' 100% free to download and use!!!! Check out the webpage:
http://eowilsonfoundation.org/e-o-wilson-s-life-on-earth/


Here is a nice trailer that gives a taste of the project:


For this project I used a lot of ZBrush and Maya. I also incorporated Luxion's Keyshot into both still images and interactive 3D models for anatomical reveals of many cool organisms. Luxology Modo was also used extensively. The animations were created by both Digizyme (the company I work for) and famous molecular animator Drew Berry.  The team I worked with is amazing group of women and men each with their own particular specialty. It was such a fun and exciting project I'm sad its over but we have some really really cool stuff in the works.

Here is a link to the book on iTunes. The book is readable in iBooks which can be run on both the iPad and Desktop/Laptops. iBooks is free from Apple.

http://search.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZContentLink.woa/wa/link?path=lifeonearth

No comments:

Post a Comment